A POWERFUL ADDITION TO THE XT ENDURO SERIES™
CUB CADET EFI ENGINES
Like all other engines that you find in our lineup, these EFI engines are Cub Cadet certified, guaranteeing unbeatable durability and performance.
To become Cub Cadet certified, engines are evaluated using a rigorous process to ensure they have been built to uphold our standards of strength, high performance and premium quality.
- MORE POWER
- Cub Cadet fuel-injected engines set new standards in comfort and strength.
- LESS FUEL
- Electronic fuel injection (EFI) uses up to 25% less fuel versus standard carbureted engines.
- EASY STORAGE
- Simplifies off-season storage by eliminating the need to drain the fuel tank.
ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION (EFI) TECHNOLOGY
The new Cub Cadet fuel-injected engine boasts serious strength. With up to a 679cc level of power, Cub Cadet EFI engines deliver the kind of high-performance power you'd expect from Cub Cadet. While HP is the typical method for measuring power, utilizing CC's is the most reliable way to define an engine's capacity. This standard is borrowed from the power sports category.
- It uses up to 25% less fuel, which means fewer emissions and fewer fill-ups.
- Decrease time spent on maintenance - it has no carburetor and requires fewer oil changes.
- Spend less money - both fuel-efficiency and ease of maintenance translate to savings.
- Greater improved compatability with ethanol fuel blends up to E20, letting you fill up with confidence.
THE CUB CADET
54-POINT QUALITY CERTIFICATION INCLUDES:
Tested to 2X the life of standard carbureted engines, Cub Cadet certified engines undergo accelerated dynamometer torture tests to ensure years of useful life.
MORE USABLE POWER
The Cub Cadet EFI engine's improved governing system provides more usable power when harsh mowing conditions - like tall, wet grass - demand it.
COLD START DEPENDABILITY
Going to extremes, Cub Cadet engines are field tested in the most challenging environments ranging from the frozen shores of Barrow, Alaska, to the scorching deserts of Arizona, to ensure dependable all-temperature starting.
EFI engine components are durability - and field-tested with ethanol fuels to certify compatibility up to E20.
EFI FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- WHAT IS EFI?
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) is a high pressure fuel management system. Just like on today's cars, EFI uses an onboard computer, injector nozzle, and multiple sensors to reliably deliver exactly the right amount of fuel to get the most performance and efficiency out of your engine. Cub EFI is an advanced electronically controlled "Closed Loop" system that uses real time feedback to sense the usage conditions and instantly optimize combustion to give you smooth running, and exceptional starting you can count on... no matter what.
- HOW DO EFI ENGINES WORK?
- EFI, or any Fuel Injection system, utilizes a special high pressure fuel delivery nozzle to inject an ultra-fine mist of fuel into the engine. An electronic control unit uses sensors around the engine to deliver the precise amount of fuel the engine needs, improving response, efficiency and starting. Cub EFI adjusts the fuel metering on-the-fly to compensate for variations in load, speed, fuels, temps, and pressures to always feed your engine the perfect charge that it needs for maximum performance at any task.
- DO EFI ENGINES REQUIRE LESS MAINTENANCE?
- Yes. EFI systems produce cleaner combustion resulting in a cleaner engine. Clean engines can go longer between regular oil changes and required major maintenances. We do still recommend a fuel stabilizer for long term storage to make sure the fuel in the tank stays fresh and you'll be ready to mow with a push of button next spring.
- ARE EFI ENGINES MORE RESISTANT TO FUEL SYSTEM CORROSION AND "ETHANOL DAMAGE" SO OFTEN SEEN TODAY?
- Yes. The fuel system is ethanol resistant and compatible with gasoline fuels up to E20 (20% ethanol) blends. Unlike carburetors, the EFI system doesn't rely on mechanical components, and easy to clog jets. Critical EFI components are totally sealed making the entire system more tolerant to today's common automotive gasoline blends.
- DOES THE CUB EFI ACCEPT E85?
- No. E85 is a blend of gasoline containing mostly ethanol (85% ethanol and only 15% gasoline). Today, Cub EFI engines only accept up to E20 (20% ethanol) blends.
- DOES CUB EFI ACCEPT DIESEL FUEL?
- No, only gasoline with blends of ethanol up to 20%.