Cub Cadet XT2 LX 46 EFI Lawn Tractor
Sorry, this item is currently SOLD OUT online.
- 679cc EFI Cub Cadet V-twin OHV engine with increased efficiency and maintenance benefits
- 46" heavy-duty fabricated twin-blade cutting deck
- Keyless engine start: Easy push-button control
- Model Year: 2018
POWER AND PRECISION FOR THE BIGGER CHALLENGES
The XT2 Enduro Series delivers even higher levels of power, control, and durability. The XT2 tackles more challenging terrain and takes on conditions that demand more power while supporting a host of attachments for true year-round versatility.
This step up in strength and comfort is not sold in big box stores. It's exclusively available through independent Cub Cadet dealers like us.
CUB CADET EFI ENGINE | NEW TO SELECT XT ENDURO SERIES MODELS
XT2 ENDURO SERIES INTRODUCTION TAKE A CLOSER LOOK
15" x 6" ball bearing/20" x 8"
FUEL TANK CAPACITY
3 gal. easy fill, rustproof
ENGINE OIL CAPACITY
Heavy-duty 3/4" through machined bushings
FRONT PIVOT BAR
Heavy-duty cast-iron (5-year limited warranty/unlimited hours)
NEW optimized steering system, manual sector and pinion/16"
3/4" w/dual PM steel drive hubs
Front pivot, High impact with quick removal design
3-year unlimited hours (includes powertrain) & 5-year chassis & front axle unlimited hours/limited lifetime fabricated deck shell
PUSH-BUTTON ELECTRIC START
Easy push-button engine start.
Cub Cadet 679cc EFI Twin
Fully pressurized automotive-style oil pump w/ spin-on oil filter
Tuff Torq® foot-controlled hydrostatic transmission (K46)
ENGINE TO TRANSMISSION
Soft touch engagement
Fully robotically-welded frame with new e-coating corrosion defense system (5-year limited warranty)
Brush Guard Bumper
300 cold crank amps
Flywheel Alternator - 12 amp regulated
NEW LED High Illumination
SYSTEM MONITOR PACKAGE
Digital hour meter/service minder, oil, battery, brake, and PTO start sequence
Neutral Start, operator presence, reverse safety switch, brake pedal lock, RevTek reverse mowing technology
Electronic fingertip engagement
NEW Cub Comfort™ high-back seat with 10-degree incline and slide
Heavy Duty Fabricated
DECK CUTTING HEIGHT
1" - 4"
ANTI-SCALPING WHEELS (FRONT/REAR)
2 Ball/2 Narrow
3/4" with steel cap and Triple Lip Sealed
Split steel spindle pulleys/oversized heavy-duty idlers
QuickAttach™ (no tools required)
Patented SmartJet™ high-pressure deck washing system
ALL ABOUT EFI
The new Cub Cadet fuel-injected engine boasts serious strength. With up to a 679cc level of power, Cub Cadet EFI engines deliver the kind of high-performance power you'd expect from Cub Cadet. While HP is the typical method for measuring power, utilizing CC's is the most reliable way to define an engine's capacity. This standard is borrowed from the power sports category.
- It uses up to 25% less fuel, which means fewer emissions and fewer fill-ups.
- Decrease time spent on maintenance - it has no carburetor and requires fewer oil changes.
- Spend less money - both fuel-efficiency and ease of maintenance translate to savings.
- Greater improved compatibility with ethanol fuel blends up to E20, letting you fill up with confidence.
NEW ENGINES, SAME CUB CADET QUALITY
Like all other engines that you find in our lineup, these EFI engines are Cub Cadet certified, guaranteeing unbeatable durability and performance.
To become Cub Cadet certified, engines are evaluated using a rigorous process to ensure they have been built to uphold our standards of strength, high performance an premium quality.
THE CUB CADET
54-POINT QUALITY CERTIFICATION INCLUDES:
Tested to 2X the life of standard carbureted engines, Cub Cadet certified engines undergo accelerated dynamometer torture tests to ensure years of useful life.
MORE USABLE POWER
The Cub Cadet EFI engine's improved governing system provides more usable power when harsh mowing conditions - like tall, wet grass - demand it.
COLD START DEPENDABILITY
Going to extremes, Cub Cadet engines are field tested in the most challenging environments ranging from the frozen shores of Barrow, Alaska, to the scorching deserts of Arizona, to ensure dependable all-temperature starting.
Ethanol Compatibility – EFI engine components are durable – and field-tested with ethanol fuels to certify compatibility.
EFI FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- WHAT IS EFI?
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) is a high pressure fuel management system. Just like on today's cars, EFI uses an onboard computer, injector nozzle, and multiple sensors to reliably deliver exactly the right amount of fuel to get the most performance and efficiency out of your engine. Cub EFI is an advanced electronically controlled "Closed Loop" system that uses real time feedback to sense the usage conditions and instantly optimize combustion to give you smooth running, and exceptional starting you can count on... no matter what.
- HOW DO EFI ENGINES WORK?
- EFI, or any Fuel Injection system, utilizes a special high pressure fuel delivery nozzle to inject an ultra-fine mist of fuel into the engine. An electronic control unit uses sensors around the engine to deliver the precise amount of fuel the engine needs, improving response, efficiency and starting. Cub EFI adjusts the fuel metering on-the-fly to compensate for variations in load, speed, fuels, temps, and pressures to always feed your engine the perfect charge that it needs for maximum performance at any task.
- DO EFI ENGINES REQUIRE LESS MAINTENANCE?
- Yes. EFI systems produce cleaner combustion resulting in a cleaner engine. Clean engines can go longer between regular oil changes and required major maintenances. We do still recommend a fuel stabilizer for long term storage to make sure the fuel in the tank stays fresh and you'll be ready to mow with a push of button next spring.
- ARE EFI ENGINES MORE RESISTANT TO FUEL SYSTEM CORROSION AND "ETHANOL DAMAGE" SO OFTEN SEEN TODAY?
- The fuel system is ethanol resistant and compatible with ethanol fuel blends.
- DOES THE CUB EFI ACCEPT E85?
- No. E85 is a blend of gasoline containing mostly ethanol (85% ethanol and only 15%gasoline). Today, Cub EFI engines only accept up to E20 (20% ethanol) blends.
- DOES CUB EFI ACCEPT DIESEL FUEL?
- No, only gasoline; with blends of ethanol up to 20%.
(After 2 uses I'm comparing this unit with the LTX1050 it replaces) TRACTOR: Quick and agile. Miss the grab handles the old unit has when mowing on side hills (yeah I know) that allowed maintaining your balance and shifting your weight to the high side wheel for traction. I'll probably add some. The new seat is supposed to be more comfortable. I'm not sure about that because it rides a lot rougher. I suspect this is because of less flotation on its narrower tires (about .5" in front and 1.5" in back). I'll try dropping the air pressure another couple pounds to see if that helps. Traction actually seems to be improved even with the narrower tires. I was pulling a lawn roller while mowing and I seldom spun the tires even going up a ditch bank. I don't know if was because of the newer tread or perhaps the differential does a better job of putting power to both wheels. Fuel consumption seems to be more than advertised but again I was pulling a roller while mowing and I assume the engine is still tight. The front bumper is a nice touch and minimizes front body damage when you need to just get a LITTLE closer. When I initially started the engine I thought there was something wrong in that it wasn't achieving full RPM because at full throttle it's so smooth and quiet but when under load it just keeps pulling. EFI on a lawn tractor is a major accomplishment - hopefully I'll have no trouble with it.
DECK: The fabricated deck seems stiffer and more rugged than the stamped deck of the 1050. The flat surface collects very little clippings/debris while mowing (my biggest gripe about the old unit). Not having the reinforcing rib around the perimeter of the deck means you can mow closer to trees/obstructions. The deck has only 2 blades which is my biggest complaint - heavy grass means you slow based on what the deck can cut vs pulling down engine speed. It also means deck adjustments are critical or you will scalp the hell out of your yard, especially on uneven ground.